Sandy Bottom Park is located at the north end of Honeoye Lake, off County Road 36 (West Lake Road). Walking trails can also be accessed on Main Street and at the north end of East Lake Road.
SANDY BOTTOM BEACH IS CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR SWIMMING
As of July 16, 2019, Sandy Bottom Beach is closed for swimming until further notice, due to the presence of blue-green algae. Conditions may change based on wind and weather; please check back for updates. (Note: reopening of the beach is subject to testing and clearance by the NYS Department of Health.)
Regular operating hours during the swim season are 11 am to 8:00 pm daily, through mid-August.
Please note that all boats, canoes and kayaks must stay outside of the far buoys. You must observe all safety and usage signs posted at the beach.
- No throwing sand, rocks, shells, seaweed or sticks.
- No throwing your children into the water.
- No dunking or horseplay.
- No chicken fights or climbing on each other's shoulders.
- No children with flotation devices beyond the safety rope.
- No diving, twisting, jumps or flips.
- No smoking in the pavilion.
- Pavilions are for family picnics.
- No children under the age of 12 allowed on the swim platform.
- No playing in the lines.
- Absolutely no swimming ouside the lines.
- No flotation devices except rafts with a hole in the center.
- All children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian in the park.
- Eating is not allowed while on duty.
- Patrons must not be allowed in the lifeguard chair or immediately in front of the lifeguard chair.
- No personal cell phone calls or text messaging while on duty.
To learn more about swim lessons offered through Richmond Rec, visit our Summer Recreation Program page.
Pavilion rentals at Sandy Bottom Park are available during the swim season. To reserve a pavilion:
- Call the Recreation Department at (585) 330-7066 to confirm availability and place a 7-day hold on your desired time & date.
- Download the pavilion use form below or pick up a form at the Town Hall.
- Return the completed form along with a non-refundable fee of $50 ($75 for non-residents) and a certificate of insurance from your homeowner's or general liability polity. Forms and fees must be submitted within a week of your call to lock in your desired time & date.
Please note, all three steps must be completed in order to finalize your reservation.
Recreational facilities available at Sandy Bottom Park include a tennis court, a pickball court, a basketball court, a softball field, a volleyball sand court and two playgrounds. During times when the beach is staffed, park goers can also request access to equipment for a shuffleboard court.
A walking trail at the north end of East Lake Road is open year-round for visitors to walk, jog and enjoy outdoor scenery and wildlife. A wooded Nature Trail just west of the Honeoye Outlet, accessible from Main Street, can also be used to walk to Sandy Bottom Beach.