Please note: these positions are filled through the U.S. Census Bureau and are not affiliated with the Town of Richmond.
The U.S. Census Bureau is accepting applications for
temporary field positions for the 2020 Census in every county of Upstate
and Western New York, and office positions in the Albany Area.
The 2020 Census Jobs website allows applicants to apply for a range of positions, including recruiting assistants, office operations supervisors, clerks, census field supervisors and census takers by completing a single application online. Opportunities are available in the entire state and offer flexible work hours, including daytime, evenings and weekends.
- Recruiting assistants ($18.50 per hour) travel throughout geographic areas to visit with community-based organizations, attend promotional events and conduct other recruiting activities.
- Office operations supervisors ($17.50 per hour) assist in the management of office functions and day-to-day activities in one or more functional areas, including payroll, personnel, recruiting, field operations and support.
- Clerks ($13.50 per hour) perform various administrative and clerical tasks to support various functional areas, including payroll, personnel, recruiting, field operations and support.
- Census field supervisors ($18.50 per hour) conduct fieldwork to support and conduct on-the-job training for census takers, and/or to follow-up in situations where census takers have confronted issues such as not gaining entry to restricted areas.
- Census takers ($17.00 per hour) work in the field. Some field positions require employees to work during the day to see addresses on buildings. Other field positions require interviewing the public, so employees must be available to work when people are usually at home such as in the evening and on weekends.
Applicants will be placed in an applicant pool for 2020 Census positions
in which they qualify for as jobs become available in their area.
Applications will remain active and updateable throughout the 2020
Census recruiting and hiring period. For more information, contact
1-855-JOB-2020 and select option three. Applicants may also contact the
Federal Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339.
Become a Census Taker and Get Paid to Help Your Community
Learn how you can help collect important data that will determine your state's representation in Congress, as well as how funds are spent in your community on things like roads, schools, and hospitals.
- You are at least 18 years old.
- You have a valid Social Security number.
- You are a U.S. citizen.
- You have a valid email address.
- You are registered with the Selective Service System (or have a qualifying exemption if you re male and were born after Dec. 31, 1959).