Town Of Richmond

Town Clerk


Town Clerk

Linda A. Grace







Monday -  Friday

9:00 am - 4:00 pm 

  Thursday    9:00 am - 7:00 pm


9:00 am - 12:00 pm


*The Richmond Town Clerk's Office will close at 4 pm on Thursday, August 22, 2019 and will remain closed on Friday, August 23, 2019. Normal hours resume on Saturday, August 24, 2019.

Clerk to the Town Board

Richmond Town Board regular meetings are held the second Tuesday of each month at 7:00 PM, in the Richmond Town Hall.  Meeting minutes are taken by the Town Clerk, retained permanently as historical records of the Town of Richmond, and published for the public within the parameters required by law.

Tax Collector

Town and County taxes are collected in the Town Clerk's office January through March of each year. Payments can be mailed or are accepted in person. Honeoye Central School taxes are collected by Honeoye Central School in the fall. For town tax information, you may contact the Richmond Town Clerk's office. Unpaid taxes after March 31st of each year are handled by Ontario County at 396.4432.

Registrar of Vital Statistics

Records on file are for marriages, births, and deaths that have occurred in the Town of Richmond. Application for such records must be strictly done by the legal procedures. Please contact the Town Clerk or Deputy Registrar for each particular situation. These records are protected by privacy laws.

Marriage Licenses

Must be obtained at least 24 hours prior to ceremony, and are valid for 60 days. Raised seal birth certificate and picture ID for bride and groom are required along with official picture ID. A certified proof of how/when previous marriage(s) ended, must be presented. For more detailed information, please call 229.5757.

Funeral Directors 

May contact the Town Clerk at her residence (233.7852) should there be an urgent matter to address.


Conservation Licenses

The Town Clerk's office serves as an agent for the New York State Department of Conservation. Drivers license needed or other official proof of residency required. Proof of hunter safety training is required for any new licensee. All persons must appear in person for licenses and doe permits.

The NYS DEC website can be of assistance for any particular question. This site can be of help to determine courses, current price list, and NYS regulations. Licenses may be purchased at this site as well.

Handicap Parking Permits

Permits are issued by the Town Clerk (both permanent and temporary.) Certification must be provided on a New York State Department of Motor Vehicle form MV-664.1. If the individual possesses a drivers license, the number must be provided to the Town Clerk. All applicants must be residents of the Town of Richmond to be eligible for a permit from the Richmond Town Clerk.

Water Tokens 

Available at the Town Clerk's Office, the cost of one water token is $3.00 which will enable you to fill a 250 gallon tank at the Honeoye Water Department fill station. The fill station is located across from the Honeoye United States Post Office on Main Street.

NYS Dog Licenses 

All dogs in the Town of Richmond must be licensed by the age of six months old. Fees are $25 for an un-spayed/un-neutered dog and $15 for a spayed/neutered dog. Proof of rabies and spay/neuter certificate must be presented.


The Town of Richmond no longer offers Purebred Licenses as of January 1, 2015.

Annual renewal can be done by mail or in person. If done by mail, please send a copy of rabies certificate and a check payable to the Richmond Town Clerk (please include a self-addressed stamped envelope for the return of the license.)

The Town of Richmond has no dog control officer, but contracts with Ontario County. The number for the Ontario County Humane Society is 396.4590.

All dogs must have a current license to be in compliance with NYS Agriculture and Markets Law-119.1a. Every effort is made to help you with this; please be mindful to renew promptly each year to avoid penalty.


Records Management Officer

The Town Clerk is the custodian of all Town records, responsible for active files, storage and disposition of inactive records, and the careful maintenance of archival material.

Administrator of Freedom of Information Law

This law guarantees your right to know the workings of the government.

The Town Clerk serves at the pleasure of the people in an elected position with a two year term.