Our Honeoye Community Gazebo is home to many community events. Plantings are maintained courtesy of the Lake Country Garden Club volunteers. The gazebo was refinished by volunteers from the Honeoye American Legion Post.
Town Hall Hours
Mon- Fri: 9 am - 4 pm
Thurs: 9 am - 7 pm
Saturday: 9 am - Noon
Closed on holidays
Sandy Bottom Beach CLOSED for the season
As of August 14, 2018, Sandy
Bottom Beach is now closed for the season. Swimming is due to re-open in mid-June of 2019.
LEGAL NOTICE: PUBLIC HEARINGS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, pursuant to Section 200-67 of Town Law, that Public Hearings will be held by the Richmond Zoning Board of Appeals at the Richmond Town Hall, 8690 Main Street in the hamlet of Honeoye, New York on Tuesday August 21, 2018 at 7:00 PM to act upon the following:
Applicant Franklin Barker for the property located at 5393 County Road 36 in Honeoye, Tax Map #149.19-1-24.000 in the B District (Residential) requesting an Area Variance to extend an existing deck within 5 feet of the waterfront with a 50 foot setback requirement. Zoning code 200 Attachment 2 Density Schedule.
Applicant Michael Dobbertin for the property located at 5405 Hamilton Point in Honeoye, Tax Map #165.05-1-6.000 in the B District (Residential) requesting a Special Use Permit for a roof mounted solar array to be attached to the barn roof. Zoning code 200-50 (D).
Applicant Deborah Garth for the property located at 9039 State Route 20A in Hemlock, Tax Map #135.00-2-27.121 in the A District (Agricultural/Residential) requesting a Special Use Permit for a roof mount solar PV. Zoning code 200-50 (D).
Applicant Jeffrey Weiss for the property located at 5752 Willow Beach in Honeoye, Tax Map #165.17-1-8.1100 in the B District (Residential) requesting an Area Variance to replace an existing shed with a new shed that will have a 1 foot setback from the neighboring property line with a 5 foot setback requirement. Zoning code 200 Attachment 2 Density Schedule.
All interested persons will be given an opportunity to be heard, by order of the Zoning Board of Appeals.
Zoning Board of Appeals
8690 Main Street
Honeoye, New York 14471
Please Take Notice: Town Hall Gutter Bids
Sealed Bids for the construction of gutters for the Richmond Town Hall parking lot, 8690 Main Street, Honeoye, NY, will be received by the Town of Richmond, at the Office of the Town Clerk, PO Box 145, 8690 Main Street, Honeoye, NY 14471, until 10:30 am on August 27, 2018, at which time the Bids received will be opened publicly and read.
Bids will be received for the parking lot gutter construction as follows:
Beginning at the south end of the parking lot at the paint mark, install gutters between the driveway and the Town parking lot heading north approximately 400’. Gutters will be 30” wide, have an 8” center, 8 1/2” driveway side, and 7 7/8” on the parking lot side. There will be a meeting with the Town and contractors for the construction phases of the gutters and an additional paving project which is also being advertised for bids.
Prevailing wage rates will apply. The Town of Richmond reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.
Contact the Richmond Highway Superintendent Thomas E. Fleig with questions at (585) 229-5893.
By order of the Richmond Town Board
The Town of Richmond is now hiring for a brush pit attendant and Planning Board Secretary. There is also an open seat for a Planning Board Member / Alternate Member.
Learn more and apply.
Richmond Comprehensive Steering Board Meeting Schedule
The Town of Richmond's Comprehensive Steering Board is meeting monthly at the Richmond Town Hall from 5 to 6:30 pm to continue review, updates and planning of the Town's comprehensive plan. All meetings are open to the public. Meetings will take place on the following dates:
- Monday, July 30, 2018
- Monday, August 20, 2018
- Monday, September 10, 2018
- Monday, October 1, 2018
- The Honeoye Lake Sewer District plans to conduct leak tests starting the week of August 20-24, 2018 off of West Lake Road from 5185-5273 and 5275-5345 (Conway Drive & Meadow Creek Lane). Testing will start the week of August 27, 2018 off of West Lake Road from 5349 to 5559 (Rainbow Lane, Francis Track, Walt Drive, Twin Bay Drive and Honeoye Valley Mobile Home Park). Prior to testing, homeowners should ensure that drain traps have water and should be alert during the testing period for non-toxic testing smoke that may indicate defective vents, traps or seals. Learn more and get contact info for questions.
- As of March 1st, 2018 the Nature Trail between Main
Street and Sandy Bottom Beach is closed due to flood damage to the road
and bridge. Read more about upcoming repairs.
- Cornell University is now working with local stakeholders to identify the cause of a lakewide small fish die-off. Researchers suspect the presence of a common bacteria that can impact smaller fish; testing results will be available soon. Learn more and get contact info for questions.
- Our Senior Activity Survey is now completed. Thank you to all who participated! Check back in the next few weeks for survey results.
- The water main contractor for the East Lake Road water project (Randsco Pipeline) has completed all work associated with their contract. Randsco Pipeline is returning in the spring to perform restoration touch-up work, and will install water services for any homeowners that wish to connect to the public water supply but haven't yet done so. Please contact Monroe County Water Authority if you wish to have a water service installed in the spring, and are within the Shetler Road Water District Extension No. 1 (East Lake Road Water Project). For more information, visit the project page.
The Honeoye-Richmond Historical Society Museum, located at the rear of the Town Hall, is currently open to the public every Saturday from 9:30 to 11:30 am. Fall hours begin on Labor Day. For information on scheduling a tour or requesting historical records, visit the Historian's page.
Quick Click Information
Community Bulletin Board - Public Services & Events
Community Fitness & Recreation Programs
Richmond Brush Pit Hours & Policies
Town Building Code
2018 Adopted Town Budget
2017 Tax Warrant
2018 Final Tax Assessment Roll
Annual Financial Report Fiscal Year 2016
NYS Property Tax Assessment Grievance Forms
Ethics Committee Resource Listing for Residents
Well Water Testing Program for Ontario County Residents
Project Information (Water & Natural Gas Service)
Ontario County Soil & Water Conservation District Newsletter